Monday 27 January 2014

I Wish

“I wish I was tall, I wish I was fast
Wish I could shop with a bag full of cash
'Cause If I want you, I gotta have that
(Come, come kiss me boy)
I wish I had style, I wish I had flash
Wish I woke up with a butt and a rack
'Cause If I want you, I gotta have that
(Come, come kiss me boy)”

I Wish – Cher Lloyd feat. T.I

I have a soft spot for Cher Lloyd. I really do. I like her sassiness and I like her attitude, and she represents pop-rap music much better than most people out there right now. And I like the beat of this song but what she is wishing for irks me quite a bit.

She wants to be tall, with a butt and rack, and she wants to have “style” and a whole lot of cash to support that style, which includes five-inch heels, all while not being very smart. All that together gives me one imagine Cher Lloyd wants to be:





And why would you want to look like that when you look like this:


HOT.

Men reading this right now please confirm you would rather have Cher Lloyd over a Barbie doll? Am I right?

The point is Cher Lloyd has sung a song about wishing to look a whole lot different, but those looks she wants are nowhere near as good as she currently is. We wish for a lot of things in life and when we get them it is cause for celebration. And we wish to change bits of ourselves that will make us healthier and happier, and these are good changes. But sometimes we try to change things that don’t need to be changed, or can’t be changed for the better.


It seems silly to dedicate a whole lot of time to wishing we were different. Some of us are short and some are tall, some curvy and some straight up and down. We see these images in media and what not trying to tell us what look is the best to get the men, but these aren’t really a representation of real life. And you know what is a whole lot more sexy than being the girl the chorus of in I Wish? Being someone healthy, someone happy, and someone confident.


No comments:

Post a Comment