Monday 27 April 2015

Summertime Girls

"Them summertime girls, they drive me crazy
I think I'm in love
They're looking so good, they're so amazing
Like da-da-daa-da-da
They got the sunkissed skin and golden curls
Smiling at the world
Them summertime girls, they drive me crazy
It's all about them summertime girls
Them summertime girls,
It's about them summertime girls"

Summertime Girls - Masketta Fall

It has been two and a half months since I arrived back from my Australian adventure. I have slotted back into life in New Zealand relatively well; I got a new job, have thoroughly enjoyed catching up with all my friends, and started plotting more trips to keep the boredom at bay. Sometimes I miss Australia, especially Perth, a place that captured my heart in mere minutes, and the friends I made along the way. But I stand by what I wrote about in Back Home - that New Zealand is where I need to live.

It may have taken me a few weeks to get to writing this blog (there's been some other secret writing projects going on!), but did you really expect me to go all over Australia and not find a sweet band to follow? I came across Masketta Fall after Twitter hype about them opening for The Vamps, my favourite British pop rock band. I missed seeing The Vamps but I did get onto Spotify to see what the Masketta Fall fuss was about. And they are pretty cool. They are my favourite kind of fun music; cute guys on instruments, catchy and friendly songs, and, I don't doubt, a pretty funky group to see live.

And I really would like to see these guys play a live gig. I asked them to come over via Twitter last night and this was the response:



So, in an attempt to get these guys to cross the ditch, I'm putting the word out there about how awesome Masketta Fall are. If you know any people who love pop rock boy bands then let them know about these guys, because I'm not keen on losing this challenge. And I know that you know someone - because most people pretend to hate this kind of music but secretly love it. Or, if you're like me and loud and proud about your boy band obsession - i.e. you have music from One Direction, Hot Chelle Rae and The Wanted - then get aboard the Masketta Fall fan base. 

Australia have given us some great pop music over the past few years - Sheppard, 5 Seconds of Summer, Justice Crew and my favourite lil rocker Reece Mastin, and I think we can add Masketta Fall to that mix. But I won't know for sure until I see them live, so show them some love and help me get them across the Tasman Sea. 


No comments:

Post a Comment