Sunday 17 May 2015

Fight Song

"This is my fight song
Take back my life song
Prove I'm alright song
My power's turned on
Starting right now I'll be strong
I'll play my fight song
And I don't really care if nobody else believes
Cause I've still got a lot of fight left in me"


Fight Song - Rachel Platten 

If this song isn't your current tune then you have got to get on board the Fight Song train. This is the latest song to throw a big middle finger up to those people who don't believe in you. Last year we got our groove on thanks to Shake It Off. This year it's all about Fight Song. 

At first listen it seems cheesy and cliche, like something someone else has done before. And yeah, this song is all those things. Then you realise that your own life is cheesy, cliche, and someone has already done everything you are trying to do. But you don't really care, because finally, really truly finally, you realise you don't have to give a toss what other people think about you. Or at least, that's what happened to me. 

I have spent the last six years building towards this moment. Through overseas trips, going through university and making my way into the professional workplace, through gaining new friends and getting rid of poisonous relationships, through learning, growing, making mistakes and taking chances, I've come to the moment where I am thoroughly my own person. 

And, as I really, truly, definitely started to believe that, I heard Fight Song. 

It was the anchor I needed, the song that made me think and feel that what I was doing was right. Because, although I don't quite know what I'm fighting for just yet, I know that I can do that fighting. 

And the clincher?

That one line: I don't really care if nobody else believes. 

Because, at the end of the day, you really are the only person who can fight for yourself. 




And don't forget to get on iTunes and buy The X Factor New Zealand's version of Fight Song - profits go to Ronald McDonald House


No comments:

Post a Comment