Thursday 15 March 2012

Sparks Fly

”Drop everything now
Meet me in the pouring rain
Kiss me on the sidewalk
Take away the pain
'cause I see sparks fly whenever you smile”

Sparks Fly- Taylor Swift

She’s been on her Speak Now World Tour for the past year, and she’s finally going to grace our shores. Yes, that’s right, it’s nearly time for New Zealand’s first ever Taylor Swift tour and there is buzz right across the country. And this buzz can only mean it is time for a Taylor Swift blog! 

T-Swizzle is the ultimate country pop chick. She’s cute, funny, a bit flirty and down-right glamorous. She has fairy princess tea parties with her young fans and dresses up in ball gowns to have dinner at McDonalds. She puts on dresses which resemble sacks and sings songs about how she will not let people stand in her way, a feat most people would fail miserably at, but Taylor succeeds in making both cute and hip. She still gasps in shock when she wins yet another award, and raises her hands and makes a heart shape, just to remind her fans she is ever so grateful. If you haven’t gathered yet, I’m a bit of a Taylor Swift fan. I think she is one of the best things to happen to the music industry in the past few years. She’s simply fabulous.

To digress slightly from my musings on how wonderful Taylor is, I love her song Sparks Fly and it is probably my favourite track on Speak Now. I mostly like it because when I listen to it, I like to visualise someone kissing me in the pouring rain, then we share a cute smile while fireworks go off in my mind. But rather than bore you with my fantasies, I shall tell you why Sparks Fly is a good song for this week’s blog. The video clip for Sparks Fly is a montage of her concert footage, which looks amazing. They include multiple sets, lights, characters, costume changes and actual flying sparks. They include screaming fans who all want a piece of the show. But mostly, they include an artist who loves to perform and loves her fans and will get up on stage and give a show worth the money we pay to see it.

This weekend, young girls, slightly older girls, and a whole lot of mothers will hit Vector Arena to see a young American princess perform her chart-topping songs. The young girls will dress up real pretty and spend most of the night on their tippy toes, hoping for a good glimpse of Taylor. Vector Arena will light up for three nights with the pop and country mash up music, complete with the amazing set and stage performance. This weekend, sparks will fly.


No comments:

Post a Comment