Thursday 8 November 2012

Every You Every Me


“Sucker love is known to swing.
Prone to cling and waste these things.
Pucker up for heavens sake.
There's never been so much at stake.

I serve my head up on a plate.
It's only comfort, calling late.
Cuz there's nothing else to do,
Every me and every you.
Every me and every you”

Every you every me – Placebo

Now that I’ve finished up with University I’ve got a fair bit of spare time, and I start to lose track of days. Hence, it’s 9pm and I only just realised it’s Thursday and I’ve got to upload a blog. I got distracted for a few hours earlier because I was watching The X Factor USA, but then I realised this week’s theme gives me a sweet blog topic. It’s movies week on The X Factor and on Musical Musings.

Every movie it accompanied by a theme song, or so it seems. From songs written especially for the movie to a song which was a hit then became an even bigger hit when it accompanied a block buster film, you can generally name a film and think of the song which goes with it. The X Factor contestants are pulling out the big names this week – Eye of the Tiger and Iris, and even a version of Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious. These tunes add the surrounding sound and make a moment all the better; how bad would all the Armageddon scenes be if they weren’t accompanied by Steven Tyler’s crooning. Okay, maybe not bad, but you have to admit I Don’t Wanna Miss A Thing adds a good amount of drama.

Placebo’s Every You Every Me is one of my favourite movie songs. It sets up such a great introduction to Cruel Intentions, by sounding a bit seductive and a bit dangerous. It sets up the whole movie perfectly, as Kathryn and Sebastian enter a bet with a few naughty outcomes, accompanied by a not so innocent Cecile and Annette. It’s a great movie and comes complete with a ridiculously hot Sarah Michelle Gellar and a rather attractive Ryan Phillippe. Nice.

The X Factor movie hits has finished up for the night and they’ve celebrated the best songs in films. I’m looking forward to bringing this topic up at the next social event I have with the mates (this isn’t a lame topic, is it?). I bet someone will mention every Linkin Park song ever in every Transformers movie ever. 


No comments:

Post a Comment